*Currently accepting applications beginning with the 2016-17 academic year, or 2015-16 for the dedicated pediatric track
- Must have completed an ACGME approved residency program or osteopathic equivalent in one of the following disciplines: internal medicine, family medicine, neurology, or physical medicine & rehabilitation. Individual consideration will be given for persons trained in surgery, pediatrics, anesthesiology, radiation oncology, emergency medicine, or psychiatry.
- ECFMG certification for foreign medical graduates.
- Three recommendation letters, including one from the Program Director or Department Chair, that should be addressed directly to our Program Director. Letters should indicate that the applicant is personally known to the letter writer, and should include an assessment of medical knowledge and clinical skills.
- Personal statement reflecting commitment to hospice and palliative medicine
- No minimum USMLE score requirement, but we do appreciate receiving copies of your scores
- The University of Michigan GME utilizes the list of Medical Schools Recognized by Medical Board of California for eligibility in our fellowship program
When are applications due? December 31 for the academic year beginning July 1 - but we always appreciate receiving applications much sooner.
Do you sponsor J1 visas? Yes.
Do you sponsor HB1 visas? Yes.
Do you accept foreign medical graduates? Yes.
Is this an accredited program? Yes.
Does your program participate in the "Match" process? No.
Do you provide housing? We do not offer housing, but the House Officer Association has information on rentals available.
For further questions, contact us