The Early Career Achievement Award was presented to Colin R. Cooke, M.D., M.Sc., M.S. October 18, 2013 at OSU's All-Class Dinner and Awards Ceremony in Columbus, OH. Dr. Cooke (left) was awarded this distinction by Charles J. Lockwood, M.D. (middle), Dean, Ohio State University College of Medicine and Steven Gabbe, M.D. (right), OSU Senior VP for Health Sciences.
This Ohio State Medical School's award is presented to an M.D. alumnus (M.D., 2000, OSU) who has made significant career contributions in the community or College service, scientific or academic achievement before the age of 40. Standards for recognition include one or more of the following:
- Distinguished early career achievement
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Commitment to the service of others
- Potential for leadership/distinction in the long term
- Substantial commitment to the College of Medicine, OSU Medical Center and its mission.
We applaud Dr. Cooke's distinction at his alma mater, The Ohio State University. We are proud of his faculty affiliation with the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine and his continuing career growth at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.