- Dickson RP, Erb-Downward JR, Freeman CM, Walker N, Scales BS, Beck JM, Martinez FJ, Curtis JL, Lama VN, Huffnagle GB. Changes in the Lung Microbiome following Lung Transplantation Include the Emergence of Two Distinct Pseudomonas Species with Distinct Clinical Associations. PLoS One. 2014;9(5):e97214.
- Dickson RP, Erb-Downward JR, Prescott HC, Martinez FJ, Curtis JL, Lama VN, Huffnagle GB. Cell-associated bacteria in the human lung microbiome. Microbiome 2014 (in review).
- Dickson RP, Erb-Downward JR, Prescott HC, Martinez FJ, Curtis JL, Lama VN, Huffnagle GB. Analysis of culture-dependent vs. culture-independent techniques for the identification of bacteria in clinically-obtained bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. (in revision).
- Dickson RP, Erb-Downward JR, Huffnagle GB. The role of the bacterial microbiome in lung disease. Expert Rev Respir Med. 2013 Jun;7(3):245-57.
- Martinez FJ, Erb-Downward JR, Huffnagle GB. Significance of the microbiome in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2013 Dec;10 Suppl:S170-9.
- Dickson RP, Huang YJ, Martinez FJ, Huffnagle GB. The lung microbiome and viral-induced exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: new observations, novel approaches. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013;188(10):1185-6.
- Camargo CA Jr, Budinger GR, Escobar GJ, Hansel NN, Hanson CK, Huffnagle GB, Buist AS. Promotion of lung health: NHLBI Workshop on the Primary Prevention of Chronic Lung Diseases. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2014;11 Suppl 3:S125-38.
- Dickson RP, Erb-Downward JR, Huffnagle GB. Towards an ecology of the lung: new conceptual models of pulmonary microbiology and pneumonia pathogenesis. Lancet Respir Med. 2014;2(3):238-46.
In addition, Dr. Gary B. Huffnagle was inducted into the American Academy of Microbiology of the American Society for Microbiology in recognition of his research career in microbe-host symbiosis and service to the academic research community. This past July-December, he worked on a panel to plan, write and publish a brochure on the human microbiome for the general audience through the American Academy of Microbiology entitled "FAQ: The Human Microbiome". The complete final report is available as a PDF through the AAM website URL listed here: http://academy.asm.org/index.php/faq-series/5122-humanmicrobiome
The news story on the lung microbiome is now online: http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/40162/title/Breathing-Life-into-Lung-Microbiome-Research/