Where You Stand: Financing Your Future
Paying for medical school is possible with research, planning and guidance. There’s an undeniable reality for tomorrow’s doctors, though: Most medical school students graduate with debt — about 90 percent, according to the AAMC. It’s important to know all your financial aid options before you go forward.
The University of Michigan Medical School Financial Aid Office is dedicated to ensuring that eligible students get the financial resources needed to cover their medical education expenses.
The majority of students who enroll in our program apply for and receive some kind of financial aid. These could be federal and/or institutional loans, and grants and scholarships.
The University of Michigan Medical School Financial Aid Office supports students in financing their education by offering:
- One-on-one counseling with financial aid experts.
- Real-time financial aid status updates through Wolverine Access.
- Timely communication by email and newsletter.
- Up-to-date information on funding, including grants, scholarships and loans.
- Help with the application process.
- Financial Wellness seminars.
- Special Needs programs for emergency expenses.
- Fund disbursement.
- Debt management resources and exit interviews.
We welcome students throughout the financial aid cycle, from admissions through graduation.
We’re here to help you make smart, informed decisions for your financial future.
Let us know what you need.