This is where it all begins: taking that first step toward an extraordinary experience at an exceptional medical school. We embrace those who work hard to make the world a better place. Everything you need to know about our process for selecting the next entering class is right here. Once you apply, our transparent approach to admissions means you’ll always know where you stand. Along the way, we'll do our best to answer your questions so you can make an informed decision, too.
Are you in?
Apply Now: Start an AMCAS application →
Requirements: What you'll need to submit your application →
Timeline: What to expect during admissions season →
Financial Aid: Financing your education →
Contact Us: We've got answers →
Top 10 Reasons
- The University of Michigan Medical School is ranked #5 among primary care and #10 among research schools (U.S. News & World Report, Best Graduate Schools 2016).
- We set the standard for integrated learning with ahead-of-the-curve technology including streaming lectures and virtual microscopy.
- Our admissions process is completely transparent – we let you know early and often about where you stand.
- Every admitted student is elegible for a recruitment scholarship. In fact, Michigan is a national leader in grant and scholarship disbursement.
- U-M receives nearly $470 million in funding from National Institutes of Health and others, ranking it among top-funded schools in the country.
- Our graduates consistently receive top five ratings from residency directors nationwide.
- Every entering class includes a balance of in- and out-of-state residents.
- Ann Arbor offers the best of cosmopolitan life within safe walking distance.
- Flextime quizzes give you the freedom to have a life outside of medical school.
- Pass/Fail during the first two years allows you to focus on learning, not grades.
Friday, May 15, 2015
Related blog post: Read about the unique UMMS diplomas, which carry the signatures of all the school’s department chairs
Monday, April 13, 2015
Harold R. Johnson Award honors faculty who have shown dedication to developing cultural and ethnic diversity at the University of Michigan
Friday, April 10, 2015
Segment discussed some of the innovative approaches now in use at Michigan, and the overall effort to enhance the curriculum for future medical students
Monday, April 06, 2015
Students will stay connected with members of their house through small-group learning experiences, joint projects with students from U-M’s health professions schools, and more
Friday, March 20, 2015
With video: Suspense, excitement mark annual Match Day
Academic credentials are important, but more important are the individual attributes that a candidate brings to the class, to the field of medicine and how they help others around them become better physicians.