This is where it all begins: taking that first step toward an extraordinary experience at an exceptional medical school. We embrace those who work hard to make the world a better place. Everything you need to know about our process for selecting the next entering class is right here. Once you apply, our transparent approach to admissions means you’ll always know where you stand. Along the way, we'll do our best to answer your questions so you can make an informed decision, too.
Are you in?
Apply Now: Start an AMCAS application →
Requirements: What you'll need to submit your application →
Timeline: What to expect during admissions season →
Financial Aid: Financing your education →
Contact Us: We've got answers →
Top 10 Reasons
- The University of Michigan Medical School is ranked #8 among primary care and #12 among research schools and received one of the top five highest scores by Residency Program Directors from across the country. (U.S. News & World Report, Best Graduate Schools 2015)
- We set the standard for integrated learning with ahead-of-the-curve technology including streaming lectures and virtual microscopy.
- Our admissions process is completely transparent – we let you know early and often about where you stand.
- Every admitted student is elegible for a recruitment scholarship. In fact, Michigan is a national leader in grant and scholarship disbursement.
- U-M receives nearly $470 million in funding from National Institutes of Health and others, ranking it among top-funded schools in the country.
- 100% of our graduates matched to one of their ranked programs — 6% higher than the national average.
- Every entering class includes a balance of in- and out-of-state residents.
- Ann Arbor offers the best of cosmopolitan life within safe walking distance.
- Flextime quizzes give you the freedom to have a life outside of medical school.
- Pass/Fail during the first two years allows you to focus on learning, not grades.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Graduating medical students will be honored at 3 p.m. May 15 in Hilll Auditorium
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
U-M startup company Imbio gets approval for Lung Density Analysis for COPD
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
The Health System, including Medical School, continues to have record level of technology transfer activity, and percentage of UMMS research funding from industry continues to rise
Wednesday, October 08, 2014
New center to train health professionals in resource-poor countries in comprehensive family planning services, helping lower maternal mortality
Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Top-tier performance for U-M Health System residency programs in all 20 specialties rated in Doximity/U.S. News poll
Academic credentials are important, but more important are the individual attributes that a candidate brings to the class, to the field of medicine and how they help others around them become better physicians.