Program in Biomedical Sciences
The University of Michigan Program in Biomedical Sciences (PIBS) invites you to explore your passion for science through our interdisciplinary gateway program, which coordinates admissions and first-year graduate studies for 14 doctoral programs with 500+ faculty laboratories. PIBS offers you the flexibility and convenience of applying to any of our programs through one application.
Find out why Michigan is Your Choice in Science.
- Interdisciplinary gateway program - PIBS is the gateway to 14 Ph.D. programs offering you the freedom to choose the areas of research that interest you the most.
- Active, research-rich environment - As a PIBS scholar, you have access to more than 500 faculty and their labs from various departments, all conveniently located close to one another.
- Consistent funding record - With more than $470 million in NIH and other funding, our labs rank among the top ten schools year after year.
- Passionate mentors - Well-respected and well-published researchers come to Michigan to train and inspire scientist like you.
- Supportive setting - Diversity in all its forms is valued for the rich contribution it brings to our students, faculty and research.
- State-of-the-art facilities - Our dedication to research shows throughout the many new and well-equipped buildings on campus.
- Fully integrated with nationally recognized health system - Our labs are within walking distance to any of U-M's highly ranked hospitals, making translational research a reality.
- Career customization - With dedicated career development resources, you can go anywhere you want to from here.
- A great place to live - Ann Arbor is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live. International cuisines, electric shopping, exciting spectator sports, arts and music, thriving nightlife...it's all here!
- top-ranked Leader in Education - In the most recent lists compiled by QS World University Rankings and Times Higher Education, the University of Michigan was ranked among the top 20 best universities in the world.
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Marie Chisholm-Burns, Pharm.D., M.P.H., M.B.A, will present ideas on addressing issues of health care access and equity
Tuesday, December 02, 2014
U-M startup company Imbio gets approval for Lung Density Analysis for COPD
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
The Health System, including Medical School, continues to have record level of technology transfer activity, and percentage of UMMS research funding from industry continues to rise
With the tremendous array of new technologies and approaches available today, this is a wonderful time to be starting on your own journey of scientific discovery! I hope that you consider our program at the University of Michigan for your graduate education, and that I can soon welcome you to our community of scholars.