- Scope: We provide learner-focused anatomical education to a variety of students, including medical, dental, undergraduate, and graduate students. We support the endeavors of U-M Medical School, Michigan Medicine, U-M Dental School, and other academic units both within the University and worldwide.
- Teamwork: We best serve students through a collaborative approach. Trust and professional integrity are fundamental.
- Respect: We commit to a culture of respect for our students, colleagues, and donors.
- Innovation: We develop and provide effective teaching methods and novel learning resources for U-M students and for students worldwide.
- Diversity: We support inclusive educational and working environments.
- Excellence: We commit to providing and maintaining a culture of excellence.
The division supports medical students at the University of Michigan in their studies of anatomical sciences. We offer courses focusing on medical, dental, and anatomy education, in addition to the Nishioka Anatomy Scholars program.
The program manages the anatomical donations for the medical school, which are essential to education and research at the University of Michigan. We hold a memorial service for donors to honor the gift of knowledge they provide.