Applicants interested in our categorical positions apply through the Electronic Resident Application System (ERAS). Following review of their completed application, individuals are selected through the National Resident Match Program for an interview.
Match 2023 to conduct virtual interviews
Following AAMC and institutional guidelines we will again conduct all virtual interviews this year.
- Residency Open House: Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2022, 7 p.m. EDT
- Research Open House: Monday, Nov. 21, 2022, 7 p.m. EST
- DEI Open House: Thursday, Dec. 8, 2022, 7 p.m. EST
Our program believes in a holistic review of applicants for interview selection, with a special emphasis on demonstrated competencies in leadership, community service, academic success, research and potential to positively impact the field of anesthesiology in the future. We believe that a diverse cohort with varied and meaningful life experiences creates a strong and vibrant environment in which to learn, care for patients and innovate. Other information considered for interview selection includes the following:
- Medical School - LCME & AOA preferred
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Part I & II (if completed)
- 3 Letters of Reference
- Dean's Evaluation Letter - MSPE
- Personal Statement
- Previous residency experience, if applicable
Please note the University of Michigan will only sponsor J-1 Visa's. International medical graduates may be considered based upon the same USMLE criteria and academic criteria as US/Canadian medical students.