The ACTA Fellowship training program consists of 12 months of clinical and didactic training. Clinical training opportunities include*:
- Adult cardiac anesthesia rotation (6-7 months)
- Adult thoracic anesthesia rotation (1-2 months)
- Adult cardiology echocardiography rotation (2 weeks)
- Cardiovascular intensive care rotation (1 month)
- Anesthesia research rotation (1 month)
- Perfusion services rotation (2 weeks)
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesia rotation (2-4 weeks)
Fellows take at-home call throughout their fellowship. Call frequency is variable but averages between 1:4 and 1:5. Fellows are required to be present for emergent procedures within 30 to 60 minutes of being notified. Fellows do not take in-house call. Duty requirements, specified by ACGME, are strictly followed.
*Additional elective opportunities are available. Training will be tailored to specific clinical interests.