Preview of the University of Michigan Department of Biological Chemistry Graduate Program
Our preview visit gives prospective students an opportunity to:
- Meet Biochemistry Graduate Program faculty and learn about their research
- Network with current Biochemistry Graduate Students
- Learn about our application process and receive feedback on individual applications
- Meet with Rackham Graduate School Associate Dean and Biochemistry Graduate Program Faculty
Preview Weekend Dates:
April 5th-April 7th, 2018
Students should have:
- A strong academic record in biological/chemical sciences;
- Research experience
- U.S. citizenship or permanent residency;
And meet one or more of the following criteria:
Come from an educational, cultural, or geographic background that is underrepresented:
- have demonstrated commitment to diversity in the academic, professional, or civic realm;
- have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances;
- are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their families to graduate from a four-year college.
How to Apply
Our online application will be opening February 16th, 2018. Since the application does not allow you to save and complete at a later date we recommend you take a look at the application, before you start, to ensure you have the required materials (written responses, transcripts, and Curriculum Vitae or resume). Additional details are provided in the application.
Letter of recommendation – one letter of recommendation from a faculty member is requested. The recommendation form and letter must be emailed or mailed directly from the recommender to email@example.com as student's last name (i.e., "Smith_UMBIOCHEMPRIEVIEW.pdf").
All materials (including letter of recommendation) must be completed by Friday, March 9th, 2018 for the application to be considered complete. You will be notified by email of your application status after your application has been received.
If you are experiencing any issues with the online application, contact Amanda Howard by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms Available in Download Section
- Application Form – pdf version or online
- Recommendation Form
- 2018 Biochemistry Preview Weekend Flyer