Links to Resources
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN CAREER DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES
University of Michigan Medical School
Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies,
Career & Professional Development Faculty Corner
A Career Exploration Panel
Big Pharma and Biotech: Research and Business
- Najoua ElBourkadi, PhD - Associate Director of Business Development, University of Michigan Medical School
- Susan Lignell, PharmD - Regional Scientific Director, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Egon Ranghini, PhD - Field Application Scientist, 10X Genomics
Friday, June 15, 2018
9:30 am - 10:30 am
Taubman Health Sciences Library 2903
OFFICE OF GRADATE AND POSTDOCTORAL STUDIES
CAREER AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- Career Exploration
- Skills and Strengths Finder Tools
- Navigating and/or Identifying Resources on and off Campus
- Writing CVs and Resumes
- Writing Cover Letters
- Developing LinkedIn profiles
- Mock Interviews
- Informational Interviews
- Networking Tools
- Science Communication
- Balancing Lab Work with Professional Development - Time Management
- Building a Portfolio of Professional Skills
- Transferrable Skills Knowledge and Assessment
- Experiential Learning (Certificate and Dual Degree Programs)
This is not a compete list!
For more information, contact
EXTERNAL CAREER RESOURCES
American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
American Chemical Society (ACS)
American Society for Cell Biology (ASCB)
Federation of America Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB)
Association of Biochemistry Educators (ABE)
CAREER DEVELOPMENT TOOLS
Biotech Career Exploration Program
Biotech Career Exploration is a structured program to educate, train, and provide career exposure to many aspects of biotechnology outside of the traditional academic tenure-track faculty position.
Throughout the program, trainees will engage in a series of workshops, seminars, and panel discussions to explore career options and prepare for an experiential learning opportunity with an on-campus unit, small business startup, large corporation, non-profit organization, governmental agency, law firm, or any additional non-academic entity.
Deadline to submit an application is February 19, 2018. Space is limited !!!
Click HERE for more information
Click HERE to apply
* * *
American Association for the Advancement of Science
Individual Development Plan
Explore your career possibilities and set goals to follow the path that fits you best.
Complete the Individual Development Plan sponsored by the American Association for the Advancement of Science – AAAS.