Denise Justice graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science in Occupational Therapy in 1992 and an Associate’s of Science in Occupational Therapy in 1988. She has been employed with the University of Michigan / Michigan Medicine since 1992. She has been part of the interdisciplinary brachial plexus program since its inception in 2006. In 2018, Denise received the Roster of Fellows award from Michigan Occupational Therapy Association for her contributions to the profession of Occupational Therapy within the state of Michigan.
Areas of Interest
Research, education, and treatment of adult and pediatric patient’s brachial plexus palsy, and peripheral nerve disorders.
Volunteering for the Michigan Occupational Therapy Association and the Advisory Board for the University of Michigan Flint OTD program.
Education and Training
Eastern Michigan University, 1992
Schoolcraft College, 1988
Occupational Therapist, Registered, National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy
Licensed Occupational Therapist, State of Michigan
American Occupational Therapy Association
Michigan Occupational Therapy Association
- Justice D, Awori J, Carlson S, Chang KWC, Yang LJS. Use of neuromuscular electrical stimulation in the treatment of neonatal brachial plexus palsy: A literature review. The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy. July 2018: 6 (3) 10.
- Justice D, Rasmussen L, Di Pietro M, Chang KW, Murphy SL, Nelson VS, Yang LJ. Prevalence of Posterior Shoulder Subluxation in Children With Neonatal Brachial Plexus Palsy After Early Full Passive Range of Motion Exercises. PM R. 2015 Dec;7(12):1235-1242.
- Chang KW, Justice D, Chung KC, Yang LJ. A systematic review of evaluation methods for neonatal brachial plexus palsy. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2013 Aug 9.
- Rasmussen L, Justice D, Chang KW, Nelson VS, Yang LJ. Home exercise DVD promotes exercise accuracy by caregivers of children and adolescents with brachial plexus palsy. PM R. 2013 Nov;5(11):924-30.
- Murphy KM, Rasmussen L, Hervey-Jumper SL, Justice D, Nelson VS, Yang LJ. An assessment of the compliance and utility of a home exercise DVD for caregivers of children and adolescents with brachial plexus palsy: a pilot study. PM R. 2012 Mar;4(3):190-7.