The Department of Cell & Developmental Biology (CDB) at the University of Michigan pursues rigorous fundamental questions in biological and biomedical sciences with an eye on the future.
Join us and have access to:
- Amazing Faculty & Cutting-Edge Science. Learn in an environment that celebrates and promotes high-impact, discovery-driven research.
- Outstanding Mentorship & Admin Support. Get the guidance you need to advance your career.
- Top-Ranked Institution: CDB is a NIH top-10 program; University of Michigan is No. 1 public university in research expenditures with $1.7B.
- Professional Development & Outreach: Engage and gain career skills through the Developing Future Biologist program, Graduate Seminars, The Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, Rackham Graduate School, and more.
- Career Options: Our graduates pursue rewarding careers in both academia and industry.
- Financial Security: Stipend and tuition support is guaranteed for the duration of your studies.
- Awards & Funding: A range of opportunities are available to recognize accomplishments and cover costs.
- Happy Living: Ann Arbor combines the energy, intellect, and fun of a college town with a big city’s appetite for the best in food, recreation, culture, and entertainment.
- Program in Biomedical Sciences: Applying through PIBS offers you the flexibility and convenience of applying to U-M through one application.