Areas of Interest
Birds and fish can regenerate their hearing organs and inner ear neurons, but mammals can't. What crucial molecular and cellular differences in the way the inner ear forms and regenerates are responsible for these differences? What role does the immune system play in inner ear development and its possible repair? Can these findings be used to enhance cochlear implant function?
- Stanford University, Postdoc, 11/1980
- University of California, San Diego, Postdoc, 05/1978
- Cornell University, Postdoc, 09/1974
- University of Wisonsin-Madison, Ph.D., 04/1974
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.S., 06/1969
- Bryn Mawr College, A.B., 05/1967