2021-2022 CMB Task Force Events/Activities:
- CMB 850 - DEI Speaker - 11/08/21 DEI Talk Dr. Okanlami
- November 2021 - Community Networking Meetings
- Fall 2021 - "Race Talks" Curriculum
- January 2022 - Practice Prelim Exams
- Winter 2022 - Funding for UMYSci Youth Outreach Program
- Spring 2022 - Peer Mentoring Circles
- Fall 2021 and Winter 2022 - Student-Faculty Chats
APRIL - DEI Month:
- Fri. 4/1/22: Professional Headshots - BSRB Lobby (3-6 pm)
- Mon. 4/4/22: DEI workshop and Introduction to Intercultural Development Inventory - Med Sci I, M3330 (12-1 pm, CMB 850)
- Fri 4/15/22: Therapaws (Therapy Dogs) – OGPS Lounge (3-5 pm)
Fri 4/22/22: IDI Workshop – Med Sci I (M5330) – 12-1 pm
Mon 4/25/22: DEI Speaker - Dr. Gustavo Silva, Duke University (Med Sci I, M3330) – 12:00 - 1:15 pm seminar; 1:30 - 2:00 pm discussion/lunch (OGPS Lounge), "Exploring Mechanisms to Cope with Cellular (and Societal) Stress"
CMB 50th Anniversary (5/19 - 5/21)
- Thurs 5/19/22: CMB Town Hall (Transparency Meeting) (10-11 am, Kensington Hotel/Hybrid)
- Thurs 5/19/22: Student/Faculty “Get to Know You” event (4:30-5:30 pm, Kensington Hotel)
2020-2021 CMB Task Force Events/Activities:
- 9/21/20 - CMB 850 Seminar Speakers: Dr. Jamie Amemiya, Ph.D., and Elizabeth Mortensen "Diversity in Science"
- 11/21/20 - CMB Fall 2020 Retreat Keynote by Dr. Sean Valles, Michigan State Univ. (Jessica Schwartz Lecture) -"The Structural Obstacles to Equitable Health in the U.S., and the Many Types of Expertise It Will Take to Overcome Them"
- Winter 2021 - CMB DEI Climate Survey
APRIL - DEI MONTH
- 4/2/21: Discussion of DEI Climate Survey
- 4/7/21: Headshot Photos at OGPS & Care Package Pick-Up (CMB swag, DEI books, calendar of April events and more)
- 4/13/21: Mitigating Unconscious Bias Workshop
- TBD: DEI Book Clubs (Participants will be Emailed to Schedule Meetings)
- 4/26/21: CMB 850 Seminar Speaker: Dr. Bil Clemons, Ph.D., Cal Tech - "Who's Paying the Cost of Diversity?"
- 5/10/21 Follow-Up Discussion on Climate Survey: Next Steps
Read here about the Formation of the CMB DEI Task Force.