Call For Applications
Applications are due by midnight on Friday, April 1, 2022, with a fellowship start date of July 1, 2022.
This NEW competitive award program aims to help talented junior investigators launch a successful independent research career. CPOD Scholars will receive funds to perform exploratory studies or generate a new research model, and an individualized mentoring committee to guide project development and grant submission. This program takes advantage of the broad base of Center members and extends our training impact in a new and exciting direction.
The CPOD Emerging Scholars Program has been established to support early-stage faculty or senior postdoctoral fellows transitioning to a faculty position. This is a competitive award ($25,000 total over a 2 year period) that aims to provide mentoring for talented junior investigators working to develop an independent research program. The funds will allow emerging investigators to perform exploratory studies and/or generate new research models needed for their research program. In addition, a mentoring committee for each scholar will be established. The mentoring committee will advise the Emerging Scholar on research priorities and assist with the development of a grant proposal (R01, K01, etc.). This fellowship will give the scholar access to a broad base of CPOD Faculty to partner with to establish an independent research program.
- The applicant must have a full-time faculty appointment at the University of Michigan or have an active full-time appointment by the time funding takes effect.
- Early-stage faculty or senior postdoctoral fellows transitioning to a faculty position.
- The research project must fit the goals of CPOD (see Mission Statement above).
- Scholar must commit to submitting an external career development award (e.g., K01, K08) or research grant (e.g., R01, R21).
- Scholar (or their mentor) do not have to be a CPOD Faculty Member.
- Those who have already received R or K type funding are not eligible for this fellowship.
Complete RFA and Application are available in downloads below.
For more information or questions, email: email@example.com