The Clinical Simulation Center (CSC) just received the final American College of Surgeons - Accredited Education Institutes (ACS-AEI) reaccreditation report. The CSC not only earned a full 5-year accreditation with no citations but were also recognized for five best practices. These areas far exceed the accreditation standards or novel methods of advancing high quality, impactful education, and are as follows:
· volume of new curricula and new model of web-based instruction combined with on-demand practice and assessment (iSim procedures curriculum)
· continuous curriculum improvement process
· faculty/instructor development and support
· simulator selection process
· scholarship, leadership and collaboration at the national level
"The number and variety of best practices along with the innovative approaches are a testament to everyone involved in simulation programs across the institution." says Jame Cooke, MD, the CSC's executive director. "The CSC is nationally recognized as a future-focused and collaborative center, and it is extremely rewarding to see this acknowledged by the ACS."