Amanda Lewis | (734) 936-4190 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan Medicine | Skin Cancer clinics: (734) 936-4068
Dr. Alison Durham is an Associate Professor in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Michigan Medical School. She received her medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School, completed her internship at Summa Health System in Akron, OH, and her dermatology residency at the University of Michigan where she served as chief resident. After completing an ACGME procedural dermatology fellowship with additional advanced training in melanoma and cutaneous surgery and oncology at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center, Dr. Durham joined the Dermatology faculty in 2013.
Dr. Durham's clinical work is focused on management of complex patients with melanoma in the Multidisciplinary Melanoma Program in addition to Mohs surgery and associated reconstruction. Her clinical research is focused on skin cancer epidemiology, therapy, education, and biology. She has used her clinical environment as a research base that facilitates advancement of knowledge in her field, particularly in melanoma.
Dr. Durham is Assistant Program Director of the Dermatology Residency Program, and Director of the Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship. She also serves as Faculty Director of established biobanks in both non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancer.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Biochemistry, summa cum laude, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, OH, 1998-2002
- Research Assistant, Schimmel Laboratory, The Scripps Research Institute, LaJolla, CA, 2002-2004
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2004-2008
- Transitional Year Intern, Department of Internal Medicine, Summa Health System, Akron, OH, 2008-2009
- Dermatology Resident/Chief Resident, Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2009-2012
- Fellow, ACGME Procedural Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Cutaneous Surgery and Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2012-2013
- American Board of Dermatology Certification