The University of Michigan Department of Dermatology Micrographic Surgery & Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship reflects the broad scope and growth of dermatologic surgery and cutaneous oncology. Under the direction of Alison Durham, MD, our 2-year training program encompasses comprehensive training with seven supervising faculty. During the first year of our program, successful applicants will complete the ACGME accredited training program. During the second year of the program, the fellow will become a faculty member (Clinical Lecturer) in our Department. This year is intended to allow further exploration of career interests and provides time to solidify the skills learned during the fellowship year. Our training program involves: Mohs surgery including advanced reconstruction; multidisciplinary non-melanoma skin cancer management; treatment of melanoma, Merkel cell carcinoma, and other rare tumors (over 1,500 new cases annually) including advanced multidisciplinary management.
Benefits, Compensation, & Prerequisites for Employment at Michigan Medicine
The University of Michigan offers highly competitive salaries and tremendous benefits to our residents/fellows. An overview of salary, benefits and employment eligibility is available on the GME Office website, under “Prospective Residents/Fellows”.
Eligibility for Fellowship Training
Qualified applicants will have completed a dermatology residency program which meets ACGME requirements by the specified start date. Board eligibility in dermatology is required at the beginning of the fellowship.
Prior to appointment in the program, fellows must have successfully completed a residency program in dermatology accredited by the ACGME, or in such a program located in Canada and accredited by the RCPSC or CFPC.
Number of Positions
One position with a start date of July 1, 2022
Length of Training
- Year 1 - Training in ACGME accredited fellowship program
- Year 2 - Join our Department as a faculty member (Clinical Lecturer), intended to allow further exploration of career interests and provides time to solidify skills learned during the fellowship year
Interested applicants should apply on-line at www.sfmatch.org.
- August 8, 2021 Application deadline
- September 2021 Interview invitations will be sent
- Fall 2021 Interviews - per institutional guidelines, our interviews will be virtual this year
- December 2, 2021 Rank Order List Deadline SF Match Timetable
- December 9, 2021 Match Results
- July 1, 2022 Fellowship Begins
Applications are reviewed by a faculty-based committee
Please contact our Fellowship Program Coordinator, Amanda Lewis at email@example.com with further questions. Please note, we are unable to provide application status updates.