The didactic portion of the U-M Dermatology Residency Program complements our residents' clinical practice learning experience.
- In our morning didactic sessions (8am-noon, Tuesdays and Thursdays), you will integrate and expand upon concepts from clinical dermatology, dermatopathology, pharmacology, surgery and basic science.
- During our Diagnostic Conference/Grand Rounds, you will observe and study the cases of three to six patients in-person weekly. In addition, one of our dermatopathologists presents the relevant pathology, explaining the clinical-pathologic correlation.
- Our basic science curriculum augments your knowledge, providing a strong foundation in basic science.
- In addition, you will expand your understanding of dermatological issues through regularly scheduled book and journal clubs, lectures, and clinical cases shown in conferences.
- Residents attend various meetings including Michigan Dermatologic Society and the American Academy of Dermatology meetings.