Kathleen Hayes | (734) 647-8070 | [email protected]
Dr. Beth Pedersen is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Michigan. She is a board-eligible dermatologist and provides patient care within our Multidisciplinary Cutaneous Oncology Clinic at the Taubman Center. In addition, Dr. Pedersen is a postdoctoral research fellow within our NIH funded T32 training program in the laboratory of Dr. Andrzej Dlugosz.
Dr. Pedersen received her Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees thorugh the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) at the University of Michigan. Following graduation, she completed her transitional year internship at St. Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia, and her dermatology residency at the University of Michigan Medical School. In 2021, she began a postdoctoral research fellowship in dermatology and cell and developmental biology. Dr. Pedersen joined the Michigan Medicine faculty as a Clinical Instructor in 2022.
- Cutaneous oncology
- Medical dermatology
- Basic science of basal cell carcinoma, melanocyte biology and melanoma, and soft tissue sarcomas
- Cancer cell interactions in the tumor microenvironment
- Developing mouse models of cancer
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Mathematics and Mathematical Biology, with Honors, College of Literature, Science, and the Arts, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006-2010
- Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP), Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Rackham School of Graduate Studies, Program in Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Doctor of Medicine (MD), with Research Distinction, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010-2018
- Transitional Year Internship, Internal Medicine, St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Livonia, MI, 2018-2019
- Dermatology Residency, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2019-2022
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Dermatology and Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2021-present