Kathleen Hayes | (734) 647-8070 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan Medicine | Medical Dermatology clinics: (734) 936-4054
Dr. Johann Gudjonsson, MD, PhD is a graduate of the University of Iceland Medical School. He completed his internship and dermatology residency training at the University of Michigan. In 2008, Dr. Gudjonsson joined the faculty of the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology. Dr. Gudjonsson sees general dermatology patients at the University of Michigan Taubman Center and directs the inpatient consultation service.
Dr. Gudjonsson came to the U-M in 2003 as part of an innovative research residency training program. Building upon investigative dermatology training completed in Iceland, Dr. Gudjonsson has been performing basic immunological and genetic work on psoriasis at the U-M. Dr. Gudjonsson's primary research focus is basic immunological and genetic research on psoriasis, with projects directed at improving the diagnosis and treatment of psoriasis. Dr. Gudjonsson is the Frances and Kenneth Eisenberg Emerging Scholar of the Taubman Medical Research Institute. He received the Young Investigator Award from the American Academy of Dermatology in 2007 and his work has earned several research awards, including awards from the American Skin Association, the Dermatology Foundation, Doris Duke Foundation and the NIH.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) (Cand. Med Et Chir), University of Iceland, Medical School, Reykjavík, Iceland, 1998
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), University of Iceland, Reykjavík, Iceland, 2003
- Transitional Year Intern, University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI, 2004
- Dermatology Resident, Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2007
- American Board of Dermatology Certification