Lauren Verardi | (734) 232-6178 | [email protected]
Dr. Julie Mervak is a Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at Michigan Medicine, where she provides medical dermatology care to patients of all ages. Dr. Mervak has a special clinical interest in the diagnosis and treatment of nail diseases.
A graduate of the University of Michigan Medical School, Dr. Mervak completed her transitional year internship at Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, Michigan, and her dermatology residency at the U-M Department of Dermatology, serving as Chief Resident during her senior year. Following her residency, Dr. Mervak entered practice in Ann Arbor, then joined the Department of Dermatology at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill as a Clinical Assistant Professor (2017-2022) and Director of Medical Student Education. Dr. Mervak was recruited to the clinical faculty of the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology in 2022.
Dr. Mervak is a member of the Council for Nail Disorders (CND), a multidisciplinary national organization that aims to enhance knowledge and understanding of normal and pathologic nails. She serves on the Council’s Journal Club Committee and is the Council’s Social Media Chair, promoting learning and evidence-based medicine for nail pathology via curation of posts on the Council’s Instagram account.
An active clinical educator, Dr. Mervak provides instruction to dermatology residents, medical students, and others, including hands-on training in nail procedures.
- Nail disorders
- Intersection of dermatology and social media
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Summa cum laude, School of Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2001-2005
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Cum laude, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2007-2011
- Transitional Year Intern, Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, Dearborn, MI, 2011-2012
- Dermatology Resident (Chief Resident), Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2012-2015
- American Board of Dermatology