Dr. Kathryn Leonard is an Adjunct Physician Instructor of Dermatology at the University of Michigan Medical School. As an adjunct member of the dermatology faculty, her primary role is in supporting our educational mission, with a focus on didactic teaching of faculty, house officers, and other trainees.
Dr. Leonard received her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Following graduation, she completed her preliminary year internship in internal medicine at NorthShore University Health System, and subsequently her dermatology residency at the University of Michigan Medical School, where she served as co-chief resident in her final year. Dr. Leonard practices dermatology at University of Michigan Health-West.
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Neuroscience, Bachelor of Arts (BA), Medical Anthropology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 2011-2015
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, 2015-2019
- Preliminary Year Intership, Internal Medicine, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, IL, 2019-2020
- Dermatology Residency, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2020-2023
- Co-Chief Resident, 2022-2023
- Fellow, Community of Medical Educators in Training, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2021-2022
- American Board of Dermatology, Dermatology