Amanda Lewis | (734) 936-4190 | email@example.com
Dr. Kelly Harms, MD, PhD, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Michigan. She serves as chief of cutaneous surgery and oncology and as director of the Multidisciplinary Cutaneous Oncology Program at Michigan Medicine.
Dr. Harms provides patient care in our Cutaneous Surgery and Oncology clinical programs, including the Mohs surgery clinic and multidisciplinary melanoma and cutaneous oncology clinics located within the UM Rogel Cancer Center. Dr. Harms is a board-certified dermatologist and ACGME Fellowship-trained Mohs Surgeon, with specialized training and expertise in treating high-risk skin cancer.
Dr. Harms joined the Dermatology faculty in 2014, upon completing her ACGME procedural dermatology fellowship, with advanced training in melanoma and cutaneous surgery and oncology at the University of Michigan Rogel Cancer Center. Her clinical work is focused on Mohs surgery and associated reconstruction, as well as the complex management of patients seen within our multidisciplinary skin cancer programs.
Dr. Harms received her medical degree from the University of Alabama School of Medicine and her Ph.D. degree from the Medical Scientist Training Program in the Department of Cell Biology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She completed her internship in the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Hospitals. She completed her dermatology residency, post-doctoral research training, and procedural dermatology fellowship in the Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School. Her clinical research is focused on skin cancer biology and epidemiology, and therapy.
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Molecular Biology, magna cum laude with honors, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, 2000-2004
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Department of Cell Biology, Medical Scientist Training Program, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 2004-2007
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, 2004-2008
- Transitional Year Intern, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI, 2008-2009
- Dermatology Resident, Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2009-2013
- Research Fellow, Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2011-2013
- Fellow, ACGME Procedural Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Cutaneous Surgery and Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2013-2014
- American Board of Dermatology Certification