Diane Fiolek | (734) 763-1469 | email@example.com
Dr. Tsoi completed his PhD in biomedical science at the Medical University of South Carolina, supervised by Dr. W Jim Zheng. His PhD work focused on developing data integration approaches to enhance prioritization and interpretation of high throughput experimental results. Dr. Tsoi then worked as a research fellow in the Center for Statistical Genetics from the Department of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan. He has been working with Dr. Goncalo Abecasis and Dr. James T Elder on a variety of genetics and genomics projects for psoriasis. He joined the Department of Dermatology, Department of Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics, and the Department of Biostatistics at the University of Michigan between 2015-2016 as a faculty. Dr. Tsoi has strong interests in investigating the pathology and genetic architecture of complex cutaneous disorders using systems biology approaches. Working with Drs. James T. Elder and Johann E Gudjonsson, Dr. Tsoi’s research aims to develop analysis pipelines and computational approaches to provide biological inferences from genetics and genomics data. His work in genetic association studies revealed over 30 novel psoriasis susceptibility regions, and highlighted different disease pathways. He also led the analysis and developed computational pipeline to study psoriasis transcriptomes, and his work uncovered over 1,000 novel transcripts in skin.
- Transferred, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 2001-2002
- Transferred, Trident Technical College, Charleston, SC, 2002
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Biology, minor in Mathematics, College of Charleston, Charleston, SC, 2003-2005
- Master of Science (MS), Biomedical Science (Bioinformatics), Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2005-2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Biomedical Science (Bioinformatics) with distinction, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2008-2010
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Statistical Genetics, Department of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010-2015