Justin Bernos | (734) 936-4078
Michigan Medicine | Medical Dermatology clinics: (734) 936-4054
Dr. Mio Nakamura is a board-certified dermatologist and an assistant professor of dermatology. She provides medical dermatology diagnosis and treatment to patients of all ages within in our medical dermatology outpatient clinics. Dr. Nakamura maintains a strong interest in clinical research and serves as the Director of the Program for Clinical Research in Dermatology (PCRiD) in the department. In this role, she oversees patient recruitment and participation in clinical and translational studies.
Dr. Nakamura is a graduate of Wayne State University School of Medicine. Following graduation, she completed her transitional year internship at St. Joseph Mercy Health System in Ann Arbor, MI, and a Psoriasis and Clinical Research Fellowship in the Department of Dermatology at the University of California San Francisco, in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Nakamura obtained her Masters of Science in Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. She completed her dermatology residency at the U-M Department of Dermatology, where she served as co-chief resident in her final year. Dr. Nakamura joined the U-M dermatology faculty in September 2021.
Areas of Interest
-Clinical trials to better understand various dermatologic conditions and treatments
- Chronic inflammatory skin conditions such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and pruritus
- Autoimmune conditions such as cutaneous lupus and dermatomyositis
- Bachelor of Science (BA), Neuroscience with high distinction, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2006-2010
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), with distinction, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, 2010-2014
- Transitional Year Resident, St. Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, 2014-2015
- Psoriasis and Clinical Research Fellowship, Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, CA, 2015-2017
- Research Coordinator, Program for Clinical Research in Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann arbor, MI, 2017-2018
- Master of Science (MS), Clinical Research Design and Statistical Analysis, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI, 2017-2018
- Dermatology Resident (co-chief resident), Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 2018-2021