Dr. Nair graduated from the University of Kerala, India, and received additional postdoctoral training at the Medical College of Georgia and the University of Michigan. His research interest has been the genetic analysis of psoriasis since he joined the Department of Dermatology in 1991. He helped develop a robust molecular genetics program in the Department, and his work has produced internationally acclaimed publications on the molecular genetics of psoriasis. Dr. Nair continues to pursue his interest in understanding the molecular basis of psoriasis pathogenesis.
- Bachelor of Science (BS), Chemistry, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 1970
- Master of Science (MS), Chemistry, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 1972
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Organic Chemistry, University of Kerala, Trivandrum, India, 1976
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Endocrinology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, 1983
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1987