Justin Bernos | (734) 936-4078 | [email protected]
Dr. Severine Cao, Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Assistant Chair for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. She provides medical dermatology patient care to patients of all ages at Michigan Medicine. Dr. Cao leads the U-M Skin of Color Clinic at the U-M Ypsilanti Health Center, where she specializes in the diagnosis and management of dermatologic disorders affecting patients with melanated skin. In addition, Dr. Cao provides dermatology consultation within the Michigan Medicine hospitals and emergency department.
Dr. Cao is a graduate of Harvard Medical School. She completed her preliminary year internship in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, MA, and her dermatology residency at the University of Michigan Department of Dermatology, where she served as co-chief resident in her final year. Dr. Cao joined the U-M Dermatology faculty in September 2022.
Areas of Interest
- Consult Dermatology
- Skin of Color Dermatology
- Medical Education
- Clinical characteristics and management of common inpatient dermatology conditions
- Innovative strategies for dermatology medical education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Biology major, Environmental Sciences minor, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2009-2013
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 2014-2018
- Transitional Year Intern, Internal Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, 2018-2019
- Dermatology Resident (co-chief resident), Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 2019-2022