Staff and volunteers join with members to create a community where people with memory loss can make friends, share joys and fears, and participate in fun and meaningful activities.
- Silver Club offers families educational and social opportunities as well as time to take a break while their relatives are at Silver Club.
- Students from many University of Michigan and Eastern Michigan University departments bring an intergenerational flavor and many wonderful projects to Silver Club Programs. In recent years, art students from U-M have designed interesting collaborative art experiences for Silver Club members. Many undergraduate Health Science Scholars students visit once and then return as faithful volunteers. Social work interns from both universities participate in activities, lead groups, and visit one-on-one with our members.
- Professionally trained staff members come from a variety of backgrounds including social work, fine arts, music, and recreation therapy.
- Cost is based on ability to pay.
- Volunteer Opportunities exist.