The University of Michigan Geriatric Fellowship currently utilizes the Medicine Subspecialty Match, which is part of the National Residency Match Program for trainee selection. We strongly encourage applicants to submit applications through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS), along with all supporting documents.
- Three years of Internal Medicine or Family Medicine residency at an ACGME approved institution
- ECFMG certification for foreign medical graduates
- Current curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement reflecting commitment to Geriatric Medicine
- No minimum USMLE score requirement, but we do appreciate receiving copies of your scores
- The University of Michigan GME utilizes the list of Medical Schools Recognized by Medical Board of California for eligibility in our fellowship program
Michigan Medicine will host all fellowship interviews virtually as the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has recommended.
We participate in J-1 visa programs, but require that you reside in the United States; we do not consider those living abroad.