All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are invited to celebrate the Turner Senior Resource Center’s 20th anniversary next month!
Join patients, families and colleagues for a full week of festivities.
The following events are free, but you should RSVP to ensure you have a spot by calling 734-998-9353.
Tuesday, Sept. 11: Arts & eats
- Get guided tours of Gallery 55+ at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- 10 a.m.: Risotto and veggie carving demonstration from Chef Adam of StoryPoint
- Noon: Philly cheesesteak cooking demonstration by Chef Mark from Hillside Terrace
- 3 p.m.: Taste of Mexico with Chef Allie from Atria
Wednesday, Sept. 12: Aging well health lectures
- 10 a.m.: Michigan’s Longitudinal Health and Retirement Study: Lessons Learned about Dementia Risk with Dr. Langa
- 3 p.m.: “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come”: Aging Well with the Cards You’ve Been Dealt with Dr. Amanda Leggett
Thursday, Sept. 13: Rec & tech
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Technology mentors will be available for free consultation. Bring questions about your computer, tablet or phone.
- 10 a.m. – noon: Mah-jongg tournament
- 4 p.m.: Chess tournament
- 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Bridge tournament
Friday, Sept. 14: Move your body and celebrate
- Partake in an open house all day to learn about the programs housed in the building. Live music will be provided at 11:30 a.m. by Pat Grimes, at 1 p.m. by Donna Baird, and at 2 p.m. by Valiant Voices.
- 10 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.: Posture, Balance & Strength Sampler
- 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.: Walking Off the Pounds
- 1:10 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.: Enhanced Fitness
- 2:30 p.m.: Cake cutting and remarks
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Silver Club open house
The Turner Resource Center is located at 2401 Plymouth Rd., Suite C. For more information, click here.