Presented by the Department of Family Medicine at Michigan Medicine, the Sports Medicine for the Primary Care Physician & Fall Update in Family Medicine is a three-day, clinically-oriented course designed to explore the most recent topics in physical health, mental health and sports medicine. You may attend the full course, one or two days. Early-bird discounts are available until September 22. Fees will increase from $20 to $50 depending on the registration category.
- Diagnose and manage common musculoskeletal problems and demonstrate joint exams.
- Outline an approach to a variety of current problems commonly encountered in the daily practice of adult and pediatric medicine.
- Identify methods to improve patient outcomes as they relate to addressing personal and primary healthcare needs.
- Understand evidence-based healthcare practices in physical health, including but not limited to, psychiatry, neurology, cardiology, endocrinology, urology and gynecology
Note that there are plenary sessions each morning and afternoon of the conference, along with concurrent workshops. As part of your registration, you will be asked to identify which concurrent workshops you plan to attend each day, but it is assumed that you will attend the plenary sessions.
New this year: We have designed interactive workshops during the Friday afternoon sessions of the Fall Update course. You will read EKGs, perform basic Tai Chi movements and screen for cognitive dysfunction in patients.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for health care professionals with diversified primary care practices, including but not limited to: family physicians, sports medicine physicians, internists, pediatricians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners and nurses.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditssupTM/sup. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registration Instructions and Cancellation Policy:
- Select the appropriate registration category and complete the payment and agenda selections.
- You must pay by credit card in order to complete your online registration. If you need to pay by check, contact Diane Drago at email@example.com
- If you need to cancel your registration, you must contact Diane Drago via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Cancellations received by October 6 may receive a refund less $50 processing fee. Cancellations after October 6 will not be refunded.
For questions: Contact Diane Drago at email@example.com or 734-747-2746.