This year's Michigan Family Medicine Research day is completely VIRTUAL. Registration is required. Now in its 43rd year, the annual event is designed to encourage and assist new researchers and scholars in family medicine, nursing, and the behavioral sciences, facilitating learning and the exchange of ideas that may improve patterns of practice and the health of patients. Registration will give you access to all our video presentations, ePosters, and live awards ceremony and keynote address.
This year's keynote speaker is Hallie C. Prescott, MD, MSC, Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care at the University of Michigan. She will speaking on Caring for Long COVID-19 in Primary Care.
The host of the 2021 conference is University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Family Medicine, in collaboration:
- Department of Family Medicine, Central Michigan University College of Medicine
- Department of Family Medicine, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- Department of Family Medicine & Community Health, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
- Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Department of Family and Community Medicine, Western Michigan University School of Medicine
- Michigan Academy of Family Physicians Foundation
- Family Medicine Foundation of Michigan
Information for Presenters
Because this event is virtual, all poster and lecture presentations will require a pre-recorded video presentation. Presentations and ePosters must be submitted to our eConference site by Monday, April 26th, 2021. Our deadline for accepting presentation abstracts has closed. All those who submitted abstracts have been sent instructions on how to submit your presentations in our ePosters Live system.
Getting started with your presentation
- Video presentations must be no longer than 10 minutes in length and can feature you, your presentation slides or poster, and any co-presenter.
- Prepare a single video file in .mp4 format.
- Note the maximum allowed file-size of 500MB.
- Export and save a PDF copy of your presentation slides and submit along with your video recording by April 26th.
Instructions for video recordings
- How to record your presentation using Zoom
- How to record video using Google Meet
- How to export PowerPoint slides as PDF
Getting started with your ePoster
- Use PowerPoint 2007 or newer, and set the dimensions of your poster to: 140 cm (55 in) width x 70 cm (27.5 in) height, in landscape orientation.
- Number of pages (slides): one (1).
- Make sure your text and background have a large contrast (dark lettering on a light background or the reverse).
- For embedded images prefer .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi.
- ePosters should also include a 5 minute recorded video/audio description (see video recording instructions above).
For event administrative questions, please contact Blythe Bieber, University of Michigan Department of Family Medicine, bbieber [at] med.umich.edu. Questions about how to submit your poster or presentation video, please contact ePosters Live support. To report technical issues with the registration or abstract process, please contact MIFMResearchDay [at] umich.edu.