The University of Michigan Department of Family Medicine seeks research faculty. Candidates should have an M.D. or equivalent, and the passion and skills to be successful in a research-intensive university. We are regularly ranked in the top ten family medicine programs for NIH grant funding and also have extensive funding from additional entities.
High priority will be given to candidates who display enthusiasm for research, with interests that closely overlap with those of current faculty members. The successful candidate will be expected to establish a career development and mentoring plan that has a high likelihood of leading to an independent, externally-funded research program. We will provide mentors. Current faculty research interests include:
- Health behavior research to prevent and/or manage chronic illness.
- Prevention and early detection of disease including diet, early detection biomarkers chemopreventive agents and promotion of screening behaviors.
- Changing physician practice with new technologies.
- Patient-centered medical home/population medicine.
- Women’s health research.
- Integrative and complementary medicine.
- Patients with hearing loss.
- Mental health in primary care.
- Mixed method research.
The University of Michigan Department of Family Medicine seeks residency-trained, board-certified diverse family physicians for full-time clinician-educator positions. Preference given, but not required for faculty who:
- have expertise and/or have experience in point of care ultrasound
- have expertise in and plan to do obstetrics, in particular if fluent in Spanish
The Department features special programs in obstetrics, gynecology, geriatrics, women’s health, integrative medicine, adolescent medicine, palliative care, sports medicine and office procedures (ultrasound, vasectomy, colposcopy, dermatology).
Significant teaching responsibilities for medical students, residents, and possibly fellows, as well as opportunities to teach CME courses. Collaboration available and encouraged in department research and scholarly programs. Opportunities exist to be involved in institutional committees and leadership positions.
Direct inquiries for all positions to:
Office of the Chair
Department of Family Medicine
University of Michigan Medical School
300 North Ingalls Street, NI4C06
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-5435
The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory, affirmative action employer.