Katie Grode, 734-998-0334, email@example.com
Dr. Jimbo is a professor in the University of Michigan Departments of Family Medicine and Urology and Chief of University Family Medicine Inpatient Service. He is also a practicing physician at Domino’s Farms Family Medicine. Besides being a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and the Michigan Academy of Family Physicians, he is also a member of the North American Primary Care Research Group and the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine. He is a NIH-funded researcher with an interest in patient/physician communication and cultural determinants of health behavior in cancer prevention and screening.
He sees patients at Family Medicine at Domino's Farms →
Areas of Interest
- Cancer screening and prevention
- Culture and health behavior
- Information technology in primary care
- Patient/physician communication
- Health promotion
- Disease prevention
- Cancer screening
- Inpatient medicine
- M.D., Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan, 1985
- Rotating Internship, Okinawa Chubu Hospital, Okinawa, Japan, 1986
- Internal Medicine Residency, Okinawa Chuba Hospital, Okinawa, Japan, 1987
- Internal Medicine Residency, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan, 1989
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Family Medicine, Philadelphia, Penn., 1996
- Ph.D., Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan, 1994
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, N.C., 2000
- Nephrology Fellowship, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan, 1993
- Fellow of Japanese Society of Internal Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Decision Aid to Technologically Enhance Shared Decision Making (DATES), NIH/NCI, Principal Investigator
- Jimbo M, Shultz CG, Nease DE, Fetters MD, Power D, Ruffin MT. Perceived barriers and facilitators of using a web-based interactive decision aid for colorectal cancer screening in community practice settings: findings from focus groups with primary care clinicians and medical office staff. J Med Internet Res, 2013;15(12):e286.
- Jimbo M, Kelly-Blake K, Sen A, Hawley ST, Ruffin MT. Decision Aid to technologically enhance shared decision making (DATES): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials, 2013;14:381.
- Jimbo M. How should family physicians evaluate and manage haematuria? OA Family Medicine, 2013 Apr 01; 1(1):4.
- Jimbo M, Rana GK, Hawley S, Holmes-Rovner M, Kelly-Blake K, Nease DE Jr, Ruffin MT 4th. What is lacking in current decision aids on cancer screening? CA Cancer J Clin, 2013;63(3):193-214.
- Feldman-Stewart D, O’Brien MA, Clayman ML, Davison BJ, Jimbo M, Labrecque M, Martin RM, Shepherd H. Providing information about options in patient decision aids. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak, 2013;13 Suppl 2:S4.