Lilly Pritula, (734) 998-7120 x320, email@example.com
Dr. McKee is a family physician with clinical and research expertise in disability health. As a physician with a hearing loss, he is especially interested in advocating for the rights of Deaf and hard of hearing patients to obtain equitable health care. His research focus includes health disparities for individuals with various disabilities, health information accessibility, health literacy, and telemedicine applications. He is also interested in the application of eye trackers and mixed methodologies to study how individuals acquire health information through visual and incidental learning opportunities. Dr. McKee is the current president of the Association of Medical Professionals with Hearing Losses (AMPHL).
He sees patients at Family Medicine at Dexter Health Center →
Areas of Interest
- M.D., University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla., 2001
- Palmetto Richland Hospital, Family Medicine, Columbia, S.C., 2004
- M.P.H.: University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 2010
- Family Medicine
- Hearing Aid Receipt by Geographical, Socioeconomic Status, and Health Literacy, U-M Geriatrics Center/Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center/Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR), Principal Investigator
- Developing a New Model for Integrated Health Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Patients, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS), Co-Principal Investigator
- Mechanisms of Health Literacy and Information Accessibility in the Deaf, National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH, Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Principal Investigator
- Teaching Healthcare Providers to Facilitate Self-Management of Spinal Cord Injury, Craig H. Neilsen Foundation, Co-Investigator
- Health Literacy Among Deaf American Sign Language Users and Cardiovascular Health Risk, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), NIH, Principal Investigator
- Early Audiology Referral in Primary Care, NIH/NIDCD, Co-Investigator
- McKee M, Smith S, Barnett S, Pearson T. "What are the benefits of training deaf and hard-of-hearing doctors?" Acad Med, 2013;88(2):158-61.
- McKee, M. Caring for older patients who have significant hearing loss. Am Fam Physician, 2013;87(5):360-6.
- McKee M, Thew D, Schlehofer D. Ethical issues in conducting research with deaf populations. Am J Public Health, 2013;103(12):2174-8.
- McKee M, McKee K, Winters P, Sutter E, Pearson T. Higher educational attainment but not higher income is protective for cardiovascular risk in Deaf American Sign Language (ASL) users. Disabil Health J, 2014;7(1):49-55.
- Kushalnagar P, McKee M, Smith SR, Hopper M, Kavin D, Atcherson SR. Conceptual model for quality of life among adults with congenital or early deafness. Disabil Health J, 2014;7(3):350-5.