Rania Ajilat, (734) 998-7346, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Warber retired as a professor at the University of Michigan Department of Family Medicine in 2016. She remains with the Department as an active emeritus professor. She is the former co-director of the U-M Integrative Medicine program and was a practicing physician at the Integrative Medicine Clinic located with in Briarwood Family Medicine.
In 2000, Dr. Warber became a founding diplomat of the American Board of Holistic Medicine, and, in 2003, expanded her clinical practice to include Holistic Women’s Health and Holistic Herbal Medicine consultations. She is also the co-author of Natural Products from Plants, 2nd Edition and the co-founder of the International Society of Complimentary Medicine Research.
In 2014 Dr. Warber won a Fulbright Scholarship to study integrative medicine therapies and environmental values at the University of Exeter in Cornwall, United Kingdom.
Areas of Interest
Research Interests/Department Areas
- Integrative medicine
- Complementary medicine
- Alternative medicine
- Holistic medicine
- Family-centered obstetrics
- Women's health
- M.D., Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich., 1993
- University of Michigan Health System, Department of Family Medicine, Mich., 1997
- Family Medicine
- RWJ Clinical Scholars Core Program 2012-2014, RWJ Clinical Scholars Core Program, Co-Investigator (PI: Hawyard)
- Integrative Medicine Program in UMSPH Preventive Medicine Residency, HRSA 25100, Co-Investigator (PI: Wells)
- Lachance L, Hawthorne V, Brien S, Hyland ME, Lewith G, Verhoef M, Warber S, Zick S, Delphi –derived development of a common core for measuring complementary and alternative medicine prevalence. J Altern Complement Med, 2009;15(5):489-94.
- Warber SL, Ingerman S, Moura VL, Wunder J, Northrop A, Gillespie BW, Durda K, Smith K, Rhodes K, Rubinfire M. Healing the heart: A randomized pilot study of a spiritual retreat for depression in acute coronary syndrome patients. Explore:J Sci Heal, 2011;7(4):222-33.
- Ritenbaugh C, Nichter M, Nichter MA, Kell KL, Sims CM, Bell IR, Castaneda HM, Elder CR, Koithan MS, Sutherland EG, Verhoef MJ, Warber SL, Coons SJ. Developing a patient-centered outcome measure for complementary and alternative medicine therapies I: Defining content and format. BMC Complement Alt Med, 2011;11:135.
- Irvine KN, Warber SL, Devine-Wright P Gaston KJ. Understanding urban green space as a health resource: A qualitative comparison of visit motivation and derived effects among park users in Sheffield, UK. Int J Environ Res Public Health, 2013;10(1):417-42.
- Marselle MR, Irvine KN, Warber SL. Walking for well-being: Are group walks in certain types of natural environments better for well-being than group walks in urban environments? Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2013;10:5603-28.