Dr. Chavey graduated from the University of Texas Medical Branch and also completed his master's degree in biomedical engineering at the University of Texas in Austin. He completed his residency at U-M Department of Family Medicine where he also served as chief resident. Prior to joining U-M, Dr. Chavey was an instructor in the Department of Family Practice at the University of North Carolina. He has a special clinical interest in cardiac disease and diabetes, and is the Chief of Service for the Department. He sees patients on the Department's in-patient service (UFM).
Areas of Interest
- Congestive heart failure, disease management systems, global health
- General family medicine, heart disease, congestive heart failure, chronic disease management, hospital medicine, global health
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Austin, Tx., 1992
- University of Michigan, Department of Family Medicine, Ann Arbor, Mich., 1995
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, Tx., 1987
- Family Medicine