Winter Term - 1 credit
The GTP trainees will take this course in the winter term and discuss papers focusing on the short course topic. The goal of this course is to prepare students for seminars from the visiting short course speakers. Each student will present a practice talk to their PI the week before their formal presentation. Dr. John Moran and members of the GTP faculty will provide verbal feedback on the presentation to the students. In addition to the content of the course, Genetics 631 provides rigorous training in critical analysis of the primary literature and the preparation of effective oral presentations.
Schedule: 2019 HG 631 Seminars and HG 630 Short Course (in bold)
- 1/21/19 - MLK - no class
- 1/22/19 - Kaushik Ragunathan Introductory Lecture (3 PM West Lecture Hall)
- 1/28/19 - Marissa (Corces lab) "Widespread Rearrangement of 3D Chromatin Organization Underlies Polycomb-Mediated Stress-Induced Silencing"
- 2/04/19 - Torrin (Corces lab) "Chromatin States in Mouse Sperm Correlate with Embryonic and Adult Regulatory Landscapes"
- 2/11/19 - Megan (Corces lab) "Nascent DNA Methylome Mapping Reveals Inheritance of Hemimethylation at CTCF / Cohesin Sites"
- 2/12/19 - Victor Corces Lecture (3 PM West Lecture Hall)
- 2/18/19 - Ajay (Reddy lab) "DNA Sequence-Dependent Compartmentalization and Silencing of Chromatin at the Nuclear Lamina"
- 2/25/19 - Callie (Reddy lab) "Directed targeting of chromatin to the nuclear lamina is mediated by chromatin state and A-type lamins"
- 3/04/19 - WINTER BREAK - no class
- 3/11/19- Richard (Reddy lab) "A Lamina-Associated Domain Border Governs Nuclear Lamina Interactions, Transcription, and Recombination of the Tcrb Locus"
- 3/18/19 - Amanda (Narlikar lab) "Liquid droplet formation by HP1 α suggests a role for phase separation in heterochromatin"
- 3/25/19 - Molly (Narlikar lab) "Disorganization of the histone core promotes organization of heterochromatin into phase-separated droplets"
- 3/26/19 - Karen Reddy Lecture (3 PM West Lecture Hall)
- 4/01/19 - Jackee (Narlikar lab) "A Nucleosome Bridging Mechanism for Activation of a Maintenance DNA Methyltransferase"
- 4/02/19 - Geeta Narlikar Lecture (3 PM West Lecture Hall)
- 4/08/19 - Christine (Drummond lab) "Reversible, Specific, Active Aggregates of Endogenous Proteins Assemble upon Heat Stress"
- 4/15/19 - Brian (Drummond lab) "Stress-Triggered Phase Separation Is an Adaptive, Evolutionarily Tuned Response"
- 4/16/19 - D. Allan Drummond Lecture (3 PM West Lecture Hall)
- 4/22/19 - Petra (Drummond lab) "A Single Determinant Dominates the Rate of Yeast Protein Evolution"