Our faculty member's areas of research are broad and include common allergic conditions, asthma, urticaria, autoimmunity and biotechnology, aspirin exacerbated respiratory disease, carmine allergy, atopic dermatitis, chronic sinusitis, and asthma outcomes.
Current clinical trials:
- “Achieving Better Control for Older Adults With Asthma". Principal Investigator: Alan Baptist, MD, MPH.
- "Long-term Safety and Efficacy Study of DX-2930 to Prevent Acute Angioedema Attacks in Patients With Type I and Type II HAE". Principal Investigator: Alan Baptist, MD, MPH.
- "Observational Study of Obstructive Lung Disease (NOVELTY)". Principal Investigator: Alan Baptist, MD, MPH.
- “Peanut Allergy Oral Immunotherapy Study of AR101 for Desensitization in Children and Adults (PALISADE)”. Principal Investigator: Georgina Sanders, MD.
Several of our faculty conduct research at the University of Michigan Mary H. Weiser Food Allergy Center, where James R. Baker, Jr., MD, is the director. The Center's research is aimed at generating novel findings through basic and translational research that will provide future solutions for those with food allergies and can help lead to a cure for this condition.
We are a FARE (Food Allergy Research & Education) Clinical Network Center of Excellence, which is a nationwide network of leading research and clinical care facilities with a common goal of ensuring that patients with food allergies have access to state-of-the-art diagnosis, treatments, and research.
Faculty and fellow publications:
- Cem Akin, MD, PhD - PubMed
- Ulus Atasoy, MD - PubMed
- James R. Baker, Jr., MD (Active Emeritus) - PubMed
- James L. Baldwin, MD - PubMed
- Alan P. Baptist, MD, MPH - PubMed
- Malika Gupta, MD
- Christine L. Holland, MD (Active Emeritus) - PubMed
- Anna Kovalszki, MD - PubMed
- Marc S. McMorris, MD - PubMed
- Jenny M. Montejo, MD - PubMed
- Rajan Ravikumar, MD - PubMed
- Georgiana M. Sanders, MD, MS - PubMed
- William R. Solomon, MD (Emeritus) - PubMed
- Aimee L. Speck, MD - PubMed