Thank you for your interest in the 3-year Gastroenterology Fellowship Training Program at the University of Michigan.
Applications are processed through ERAS ONLY. Paper applications will not be accepted.
The following documents must be submitted through ERAS:
- One letter of recommendation from the Director or Chairman of your Internal Medicine Department.
- Two additional letters of recommendation from other members of your medical school Internal Medicine faculty.
- For graduates of International Medical Schools, we require an additional recommendation letter from an Internal Medicine faculty physician attesting to your clinical performance in the United States.
- Step 1 and Step 2 USMLE scores (optional).
- You are welcome to transmit additional letters, published papers, and supporting information at your discretion. Please note that these must also be submitted through ERAS.
- IMPORTANT – We do not offer preliminary positions through the match.
- We use a multicriteria-based selection process; therefore, we do not provide minimum score requirements, nor do we have a medical school graduation year requirement. We accept J-1 ECFMG certified visas only.
- For salary and benefit information consult the University of Michigan House Officer Association website.
- International medical graduates (IMG) can contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for their application materials and eligibility requirements. Application materials will be sent only to those candidates who meet ECFMG requirements. Please write to: ECFMG-ERAS Program, P.O. Box 13467, Philadelphia, PA 19104-3467, U.S.A., or go to www.ecfmg.org to download their form.
- IMG applications to our program must possess a letter from an Internal Medicine faculty member who served as a supervisor/instructor to the applicant at a U.S. academic institution, attesting to the applicant’s clinical experience and competence at that institution.
NIH-funded T32 Clinical Research Training Program
Our Clinical T32 trainees are selected from the pool of GI fellowship applicants based on a competitive application process that includes a secondary application. Please email the completed application to Missy Gabriel (contact information below) by 5 pm EST on October 30, 2020.
Melissa (Missy) Gabriel
Gastroenterology Fellowship Coordinator
University of Michigan
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Department of Internal Medicine
3912 Taubman Center, SPC 5362
1500 East Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109