Skip to content
Faculty in the News
- William Chey, MD provides insight into the symptoms of IBS, what can cause it, and treatment options. Read more.
- Linda Samuelson, PhD elected 2019 Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. Read more.
- Nupur Das, PhD and Yatrik Shah, PhD explain how the gut microbiome puts the brakes on iron absorption. Read more.
- $10M gift from Tadataka and Leslie Yamada will fuel U-M efforts to improve the world’s health. Read more.
- Joseph C. Kolars, MD receives prestigious Flexner Award for medical education. Read more.
- Anna Lok, MD named Distinguished University Professor. Read more.
- Anna Lok, MD, reflects on the troubling trend of Hepatitis C rates surging as drug use and opioid abuse have risen. Read more.
- Elliot Tapper, MD and Neehar Parikh, MD, MS are authors of a new study that shows the importance of prevention and early detection of liver disease. Read more.
- William Chey, MD is a co-author of the American College of Gastroenterology Monograph on Management of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Read more.
- Grace Elta, MD, earns prestigious award from the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE). Read more.
- John Kao, MD and team enter a new research partnership with scientific wellness company Arivale - aiming to understand the genetic risk factors of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), a chronic condition affecting 1.6 million people in the U.S. - Read more.
- Bishr Omary, MD, PhD, joined the American Gastroenterological Association (AGA) Institute board as Vice President in June 2018 and serve as President in 2020-2021. Read more.