UMCGR Weekly Noon Conference, 2019-2020
The U-M Center for Gastrointestinal Research (UMCGR) sponsors a noon conference each week that is attended by various faculty and their trainees from Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, the Center of Organogenesis, and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. This conference is structured to optimized trainee education and faculty feedback as well as to foster interdisciplinary collaboration. It is organized around four forums of exchange: trainee research update, journal clubs, academic skills workshops, and faculty research highlights.
Additional Weekly Conferences
- Joint Microbiome Research Conference (Wednesday 9:00–10:00 am, 5623 MS II)
- Molecular & Integrative Physiology Seminar Series (Wednesday 4:00–5:00 pm, 7745 MS II)
- Immunology Research Seminar (Wednesday 12:00–1:00 pm, 5330 MS I Abel Lecture Hall)
- Microbiology/Immunology Research Conference (Thursday 12:00–1:00 pm, 5330 MS I Abel Lecture Hall)
- Center for Organogenesis Seminars (Tuesday 4:00–5:00 pm, BSRB Seminar room)
- GI Motility Research Seminar Series (Monday 4:00–5:00 pm, monthly, 3912A Taubman Center)
Additional monthly seminars (Gut Group and Host Defense Group) given by extramural and intramural speakers provide a broad range of topics for research enrichment opportunities are organized by the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and the Department of Pathology. The Gut Group meets monthly on a Wednesday at 3 pm in 3015 BSRB and topic areas include cell biology, embryology, neurobiology, organogenesis, and developmental biology.