Our faculty and staff conduct research that advances the scientific basis and clinical practice of hospital medicine in a variety of areas with the ultimate goal of improving patient safety and quality of care. We are focused on training, educating, and mentoring the next generation of hospital medicine researchers who can advance our scientific mission into the future.
In addition, our faculty and staff serve as leaders and members of the following programs and initiatives:
- Appropriate use of urinary catheters and associated CAUTI
- Appropriate use of antibiotics in hospitalized medical patients
- Appropriate use of inpatient nebulizers at the VA
- Appropriate use of inpatient daily labs at the VA
- Geriatric/Palliative Care inter-professional rounding
- Hospitalist-Oncologist communication
- Impact of early mobilization on functional outcomes in patients with severe sepsis who are admitted to the general medicine wards
- Improving the efficiency of hospital-based care
- Infection prevention and control in acute care hospitals
- Physician attire
- Less Lumens = Less Risk -multidisciplinary process targeting reducing unnecessary PICC lumens
Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program
The Division of Hospital Medicine is among the few divisions in the nation to offer a dedicated two-year research fellowship in the field of Hospital Medicine. Matriculants of our fellowship program have been and remain some of the most sought-after faculty in the country. Learn more.