Applications for fellowships should be submitted online via the ERAS system. Applicants must receive an electronic token from ERAS prior to registration.
Applicants must have a minimum of J-1 visa status. Applicants with H-1B visas will not be considered.
ERAS opens for all fellowship applicants in early July and our program will receive applications in mid-July. Interviews will be held virtually from August through October and the fellows who match with us will begin fellowship on July 1 of the following year.
Documents Required through ERAS
- Common Application Form
- Personal Goals Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter/MSPE
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Three letters of reference which are no older than two years from the projected start date at the University of Michigan are required. Names, titles, and addresses of those who will provide reference letters must be included with the application. Letters must be on letterhead and sent to current Dean's office to be submitted online to ERAS.
- One letter must come from either the Training Program Director or Department Chair.
- Two letters must come from faculty from applicant's previous training program who are aware of the applicant's clinical activities.
- USMLE Transcripts
- ECFMG Status Report (if applicable)
- Wallet-Sized Color Photo (optional)