Friday & Saturday, November 11-12, 2016
Friday: 7:00 am - 5:15 pm & Saturday: 7:00 am - 12:20 pm
Registration is also available for Friday only and Saturday only.
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
20301 Oakwood Boulevard
Dearborn, MI 48124
Phone: (800) 228-9290
General internists, pulmonologists, family physicians, intensivists, physicians-in-training, and other allied health practitioners who deal with areas of pulmonary and critical care medicine will find this course of value in their daily practice.
At the conclusion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- apply basic strategies for interpretation of CPETs.
- demonstrate an improved understanding of care for the patient with pulmonary hypertension.
- understand and manage common toxidromes.
- master palliative discussions near the end of life in patients with advanced pulmonary disease or critical illness.
- provide emergent medical care for pregnant women with critical illness.
- understand and implement new sepsis definitions.
- appropriately utilize new oxygen delivery modalities in the ICU.
- implement up-to-date management for patients with ARDS.
- utilize a multidisciplinary approach for diagnostic and management discussions in patients with interstitial lung disease.
- evaluate and manage patients with non-CF bronchiectasis.
- troubleshoot roadblocks in tobacco cessation counseling.
- provide up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic options for patients with lung cancer.
You are encouraged to register as soon as you are certain of attending, as we cannot guarantee educational materials for applicants who are not preregistered and prepaid by Friday, November 4, 2016. Payment must be received at time of registration. Checks should be made payable to the University of Michigan in U.S. currency. Payments by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa are also accepted. The registration rate includes continental breakfast, lunch on Friday, coffee service, and course materials for participants.
An administrative fee of $50 will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing one week prior to the course, no later than November 4, 2016. No refunds will be made thereafter.
- Full Course $465
- One-Day (Fri. only) $295
- One-Day (Sat. only) $210
- Physician-in-Training, Retired Physician, RN & Allied Health
- Full Course $365
- One-Day (Fri. only) $215
- One-Day (Sat. only) $175
- U-M Faculty & Staff
- Full Course $115
- One-Day (Fri. only) $85
- One-Day (Sat. only) $50
A block of rooms has been reserved at the course location, The Dearborn Inn, at a special rate of $134. When making your hotel reservation, mention you are attending the University of Michigan Pulmonary Update course. The reservation deadline is Thursday, October 20, 2016.
The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
1 (800) 228-9290 or (313) 271-2700
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council (ACCME) for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Applications have been submitted to the American Osteopathic Association and the American Academy of Family Physicians for credits. Determination of credit is pending. Other credits by specialty may apply.
Course brochure to view program schedule.
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085