Friday - Sunday, September 29 - October 1, 2017
100 Washtenaw Ave.,
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Phone: (734) 615-4444
The Congenital Heart Center at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, and Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of NYP/Columbia University Medical Center are excited to announce the 2017 Joint Conference on Advances in Pediatric Cardiovascular Disease Management.
This annual conference brings together physicians, nurses, and trainees from across the country to learn about cutting-edge technologies and the latest in advances in pediatric cardiovascular care. The Congenital Heart Center at the University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children's Hospital is an international referral center for complex congenital heart disease and is one of the largest and most experienced congenital heart programs in the United States. This conference will address a variety of knowledge gaps, with the overarching goal of improving the care of the patient with congenital heart disease.
This year, we are pleased to invite adult patients and parents to the conference for a patient and family focused track. Come and listen to current patients and parents talk about their perspectives on living and coping with congenital heart disease, and learn from professionals about some of the important social and emotional supports available to them. For details, see the Family Participants drop down tab below.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
You are invited and encouraged to submit abstracts for sessions on: Nursing, Basic Science, Clinical Research and Program Leadership. Awards will be given to the top oral presentations. Please submit a structured abstract of not more than 250 words with the categories of Objective, Methods, Results and Conclusions to UMCHC-Events@med.umich.edu. Deadline for Submission is June 16, 2017.
This year, we are pleased to invite adult patients and parents to the conference!
In addition to traditional professional medical sessions focused on the latest advances in pediatric cardiovascular technology and care, a patient and family focused session will be available. Come and listen to current patients and parents talk about their perspectives on living and coping with congenital heart disease, and learn from professionals about some of the important social and emotional supports available to them. Patients and families are invited to attend as few or as many days of the conference as they wish.
To see the full conference brochure and agenda, please see the "Program Schedule" section below.
The conference is intended for Pediatric Cardiologists, Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Nurses, Perfusionists and other health care professionals who treat children with complex heart disease.
This conference will address a variety of knowledge gaps, with the overarching goal of improving the care of the patient with congenital heart disease. Examples of specific topics address diagnostic and treatment options for patients with congenital heart lesions and the latest techniques for transitioning adolescent patients to self-care. Our participants will know the most up-to-date methods of treatment and diagnosis of congenital heart patients and will be able to implement the newly gained knowledge in their current practice.
Registration Rates and Family Registration Information
- Full Conference - $600
- Friday Only - $200
- Friday and Saturday Only - $400
- Physician-in-Training, Retired Physician, RN & Allied Health
- Full Conference - $450
- Friday Only - $150
- Friday and Saturday Only - $300
- U-M Congenital Heart Center Faculty & Staff
- For individuals in the U-M Congenital Heart Center who register, the Department/Unit of each registrant will be responsible for the cost of attending. Please talk to your Department/Unit about funding prior to registration. Once you have confirmed approval for funding, online pre-registration is still required.
- Patient, Parent, Family Member
- $25 per person, per day. When filling out the online registration information:
- Please select "Other" for Degree and Principal Specialty
- Please type "NA" for Employer/Institution field
- CME credits are for medical professionals
- Dinner Event -Saturday, Sept. 30th, 7:00pm at Greyline at The Residence Inn **Following a Poster Session at the Greyline, this ticketed dinner event will be a festive gathering including food from the acclaimed Ann Arbor eatery Zingerman’s, wines and local beers. Event is limited to the first 180 registrants.
- $75 per person
An administrative fee of $50 ($15 for family registrants) will be deducted from your registration payment. Refund requests must be received in writing no later than Friday, September 15, 2017. No refunds will be made thereafter.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Graduate Hotel at a special rate of $163/night. This group rate will be honored until August 31, 2017. There is also a block of rooms reserved at the Holiday Inn at a special rate of $110/night. This group rate will be honored until September 14, 2017. Please see the Reservations section below to book your accommodations.
Accreditation & Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Long-Term Quality of Life
- Adult Congenital
- Navigating CHD Life – Perspectives of the Care Team: Patients / Parents / Providers
- Navigating CHD Life Panel Discussion
- Innovation / What’s New
- Heart Failure
- Point / Counterpoint: Regionalization of Care
- Current Healthcare Environment & Impact on Congenital Heart Centers
Department of Internal Medicine
Continuing Medical Education
24 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr.
Lobby J, Suite 1200
Ann Arbor, MI 48106
Phone: (734) 232-3469
Fax: (734) 998-0085