Winners from the 2018-2019 Academic Year
The below resident Patient Safety/Quality Improvement (PS/QI) project teams from the 2018-2019 academic year were selected to present at Medicine Grand Rounds on October 11, 2019:
- "Reducing Readmissions for Hepatic Encephalopathy” - James Brehany, MD; Paul Christine, MD, PhD; Elizabeth Lin, MD; Blake Haller, MD, MPH; Ting Zheng, MD
- “PCP Prophylaxis in Patients on Steroid Therapy” - Taylor Broome, MD; Christopher Hoeger, MD; Jay Krishnan, MD; Amy Wang, MD
Eligibility and Selection for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
- Participants in the PS/QI project groups between July 2019 - June 2020.
- All groups are considered for selection.
- All groups will be scored after the end of the academic year (July 2019 - June 2020) based on relevance of project topic, quality of project A3 summary, and potential impact on improving patient safety and quality of care.
- The selection committee is chaired by Nathan Houchens, MD, Director of the Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Program and Assistant Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program. The committee also includes faculty project facilitators, faculty representatives from the Department of Internal Medicine Quality Council, and staff from the Department’s Quality Improvement team.
The two groups with the highest scores will be chosen to present at Medicine Grand Rounds.