Welcome to the University of Michigan Department of Internal Medicine Residency Program. Our program is committed to your development as an internist, independent of whether you are heading toward a career in primary care or desire to continue your education with subspecialty training.
Our primary goal is to prepare you to be an outstanding physician and leader in the community. To do this, we draw from our strong institutional resources, diverse patient base, energetic faculty, and wonderful colleagues. We are delighted that you are interested in learning more about our program and look forward to the possibility of meeting/working with you during the next phase of your career!
Internal Medicine Residency Program - Facts & Figures
- In 2015, we received more than 3,100 applications.
- Our three-year American Board of Internal Medicine pass rate is 98 percent (national average is 85 percent).
- Our residents graduate with an average of 2.5 peer-reviewed publications (national average is 0.6).
- Of our residents seeking subspecialty training, 74 percent match into their first-choice fellowship program, and 94 percent match into one of their top three program choices.
Michigan Medicine- Facts & Figures
- Diverse community of 26,000 faculty, staff, students, trainees, and volunteers from all over the world.
- Patient care is impacted by 3,160 physicians and faculty members.
- Nearly 5,000 nurses and many other health professionals.
- Michigan Medicine operates 3 hospitals with 1,059 pediatric, adult, and psychiatric beds and 40 outpatient facilities.